Skip to main content

2008- A Year in Photos...

2008 was a great year... Thought I'd relive it by looking back at some of my photos....

January:

I turned 30.  My wonderful husband gave me a Nikon D40 Digital SLR camera as a wonderful surprise... I'd mentioned (once, briefly, and months earlier) wanting to get a fancy digital SLR when we eventually had children and he remembered!

While playing around with my new toy I snapped two of my favorite dog photos ever:

DSC_0069 copy by you.

DSC_0034 by you.

February:

In February we took a trip to Las Vegas to visit Paul's brothers and our niece.   We spent most of the time either eating or playing....

2008 02 16 083 by you.

2008 02 17 022 by you.

2008 02 16 032 by you.
2008 02 17 010 by you.

March

In March I was pregnant (but didn't know it yet!) and we started remodeling our kitchen.  The before picture is below.

47b7d603b3127ccec1b9ed130cba00000016100AZuGjVi1ZNGIPbz4G by you.

April

April was a big month.  I started a new job in the history department at Harvard after more than 7 years in my previous position.  That same week I found out I was pregnant and we thought we were due in early January.  We also finished up work on our kitchen.

2008 05 04 017 by you.

I also kept practicing with my camera and took some other shots that I love:

Lomo (Original) by you.
2008 04 19 018 by you.

2008 04 12 005 by you.

May

In May I started this blog!  I also spent a lot of time scanning old family photographs and wrote one of my very favorite blog entries


Nana by you.


June

June held several surprises for us!  First we found out that I was actually a month farther along than I'd thought and that the baby was due in early December.  Then while I was still stunned by that news we found out we were having a little boy!

I also got my very first new car ever, a Pontiac Torrent which I just love!  Needed more room for baby and all his stuff!

We spent a lot of time in the back yard playing with the sprinkler as well!


First Ultrasound by you.

First Ultrasound- Boy Part by you.

New car by you.


2008 06 14 116 by you.

2008 06 14 089 by you.

July

In July I was 20 weeks pregnant.  We went to Pennsylvania to visit my family for a weekend and Paul turned 36.  Paul also gave up his bachelor car and purchased a "family car"...   I cried when we said goodbye to the GTO and I'm sure if Paul wasn't such a toughy he would have cried too- and I know we both still miss it but I can't imagine having to put a carseat in the back!

em by you.
2008 07 26 069 copy by you.
2008 07 26 086 copy by you.

2008 07 20 005 by you.

2008 07 14 010 by you.

August

In August my mother came to visit and helped me paint the nursery and set up the crib that I slept in as a baby...   Paul and I were also obsessed with the Olympics (I was particularly obsessed with Michael Phelps- those abs!!) and watched sports history being made...

Ready to Paint... by you.

Nursery by you.

Changing area by you.


September

In September I was 30 weeks pregnant.  I did a lot more work on the nursery and made curtains and bedding.  Paul found out that he'd passed his licensing exam and is now officially a "Professional Land Surveyor"- the test is pretty serious- it involves a HUGE application, an interview, and then a full day of testing and it'a a big deal to pass... I also did a surprise mini-makeover of our full bathroom while Paul was in Vegas visiting his brothers...

Almost 30 Weeks! by you.

Blanket for Baby by you.

Crib Bumper by you.

Crib by you.

Curtain by you.

Full Bath by you.

October

October had two big events.  First was my baby shower in Pennsylvania where baby and I were completely spoiled by our friends and family... The second big event was our second wedding anniversary which we celebrated by staying in and exchanging gifts- I made a wall quilt for Paul and he gave me a video camera...

Emily's Baby Shower by you.

Emily's Baby Shower by you.

Anniversary-Quilt-Version-2 by you.

Anniversary Wall Hanging by you.

Anniversary Wall Hanging by you.

November

November's exciting event was supposed to be getting new carpet but turned out to be the birth of Little Paul three weeks early!  We had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving!

Living Room Carpet- AFTER by you.

Mommy by you.

Baby Paul by you.

In Hospital by you.

Sleeping on Mommy Day 2 by you.

Mommy and Paul by you.

Attack of the Killer Dachshund by you.

Daddy, Little Paul and Socks by you.

11-29-2008 12-26-50 PM by you.

11-29-2008 12-27-01 PM by you.

11-29-2008 12-26-46 PM by you.

11-29-2008-12-25-54-PM-copy by you.

December

December was spent adjusting to life with a baby and was full of visitors and holidays!  Grandpa and Nana came up from PA to help out when Daddy had to go back to work.  Mommy and Little Paul did a mini "photo shoot" and ended up with some pretty cute pictures, Auntie Sherien came to meet Little Paul, we had a big snow storm, and Christmas went from one day to five so that we could celebrate with everyone!

12-4-2008 11-00-15 AMed by you.

December 5 "Photo Shoot" by you.

December 5 "Photo Shoot" by you.

December 5 "Photo Shoot" by you.


12-11-2008 8-27-28 PM by you.

12-14-2008 12-57-32 PM by you.

winter street tree 08 by you.

PHEW!  I'm sure 2009 is going to be just as busy and full of wonderful and exciting events too!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Winter Looks Like...

(Welcome to anyone arriving here from Blue Zebra Photography !) (Oh!  And this is post # 500 on Ye Olde Blogge.  Wow!) I mentioned earlier that I'm participating in two different photography projects this year with other members of the Bloom Forum .   The second project I'm participating in are monthly photos that relate to a certain theme or word. For January, the theme is "Winter." We've had an odd winter so far here in Massachusetts.  Hardly any snow at all and over the weekend it was actually in the 50's which is pretty unusual.  We did have a brief snowstorm last week though and while LP and Eliza were cozied up on the couch together I wandered around and took a few photos of the scene.  I love how cozy it is in our house when it's snowy out and wanted to capture some images that conveyed that... From the Inside, Out: View From the Back Door: From here you can head over to Kelly Janssen's Photography

February: What Shadow Looks Like

  (Welcome if you’re coming from Suzanne O'Brien Studio in Northern California!) This month’s group photography theme was “shadow.”  I’ll admit, I had a bit of a hard time with this one.  We’re in the middle of the February doldrums around these parts, and while the sun does shine from time to time it’s cold and blustery and damp most days.  It was tough to get motivated and creative about this, but that’s the whole point of the challenge! The kids and I were in the living room one afternoon and LP was lining his toys up on the windowsill.  The (frigid) afternoon sun was pouring in and I realized that there was a sort of lightbox effect.   I enlisted LP’s help in photographing some of his favorite toys (and one of Eliza’s) so he was the “stylist” for this little photo shoot.  I think if we ever have a dedicated play room I might frame some of these photos for the walls! Sophie the Giraffe: Army Guys: Captain America (I never noticed how realistic this toy looks until I too

March: What Home Looks Like

(Welcome if you've arrived here from Laurie Schultz's blog !)  Over the years the definition of Home for me has changed.  Growing up it was, of course, the house I lived in with my parents and my brothers.   Even after college when I moved to another state “home” was still back in that house.   Although my apartments were homey and some of my roommates became like family to me, Home was always back in my hometown in the house I grew up in. Even after moving in with Paul, getting married, and buying our own house, a small part of me still felt like home was back in Pennsylvania.  We were creating our own newlywed version of home but I always referred to going to my parents’ house as “going home.”  This has changed since having children though.  Now home is here- where my heart is, figuratively and literally.  It’s wonderful and exhausting and messy and crazy- usually all at once.  And I wouldn't change any of it.  Now, home is where my hubby takes care of thin