Skip to main content

Flipping Out...

And flipping over!

Today started out like every other day... Little Paul was awake as usual for a few hours this morning.  He hung out in his bouncy seat while I ate breakfast and then we played on his play mat for a little while. 

Around noon however the flipping out began.  Little Paul was hungry so I nursed him on the couch for about an hour.  This was followed by an hour of the following:

LP sits in bouncy seat for 5 minutes

12-16-2008-5-56-53-PMed
12-16-2008-5-56-58-PMed

LP starts screaming

LP poops

I change diaper

LP spits up in my face

LP poops

I change diaper

More spit up

Dog barks

Dog goes outside

Dog comes inside

LP is hungry again

Nurse him in the office so I can read blogs and feed him at the same time

Dog comes in room and starts dragging her rear across the carpet

I yell.  Realize that she has pooped too and apparently forgot to wipe

LP sits in swing

I clean carpet

I clean both couches where dog has sat

LP cries

I consider using baby wipes on the dog's rear but use an old washcloth instead

Dog growls

LP spits up

LP poops

I debate pulling out the bottle of vodka and doing a few shots

UPS man comes, dog goes crazy (please note that while both of our dogs are generally not very well behaved, the dog in this whole entry is the larger of the dogs, the one who is completely spoiled by her daddy)

This dog:



LP cries

Lather, rinse, repeat.


At this point the dogs were still going crazy and the baby was screaming his head off.  He'd been fed, changed, and even ignored for a while but he just wasn't calming down so I decided to take him up to his nursery where it's a bit calmer.  We sat in his rocking chair for a while and he practiced playing keep-away with one of his toys and the small dog

This dog:

 

After he calmed down I decided to give him some tummy time so I put him down on a blanket on the floor.  I turned away to tidy up his changing table. When I turned back he'd flipped over onto his back!  I'm sure it was just a fluke but it's still a milestone in my book!  I put him back on his stomach to see if he'd do it again but of course he didn't want an audience!

When Paul got home and heard about the big flip he decided to see if he would do it again.. So down baby went for more tummy time and he flipped himself over within just a few minutes!  Of course the video camera was in the other room and I knew that if I went to get it he'd flip over while I was out of the room so it hasn't been captured on tape yet. 

So obviously our baby is a genius.  He's flipping over at 4 weeks old when most babies flip over around 3 months or so. 

Either that or it was just pure dumb luck... As his mother though I'm sticking with the genius idea.  We'll see if he can pull off another flip later tonight...

With that, it's time to eat dinner and relax.  Cause boy are we tired around here after this crazy afternoon!



Yawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Checking in....

Thought it was time for a little update on the projects we're working on at Casa LeBaron.   In living room news, our fireplace is almost finished!  The new tile has been grouted (no pictures yet) and all we have left to do is seal the grout and install the new fireplace doors.  Then I have to figure out how I want to style the mantel- I usually just throw a bunch of frames and things up there but am not sure if that's the way I want to go right now...  Here's how it's looking (or, here's how it was looking before we grouted the tile): Below is a close up of how we fixed our cabinet doors.  Originally they were oak with horrible brass hardware.  The panels on each door front was cracked and they were U-G-L-Y.  So we popped out the panels, painted the frames, and used my handy dandy glue gun to inset new panels.  The new panels were made from one sheet of radiator screening that we cut to size and sprayed with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  We added new handles and…

Things to Remember: Eliza Rose, Age 3

Today our sweet little Eliza Rose turns three.  Like all moms, I'm sure, it's hard for me to believe that she's already out of toddler-hood and becoming a preschooler.  It seems as though we were just preparing for her to join our family yesterday and now, of course, it's impossible to imagine what life would be like without Eliza around.


Eliza might be the smallest person in our house but she has the largest personality by far.  Shy in public, she's boisterous and energetic at home- running all over, squealing with excitement, bossing everyone around and trying to take charge at all times. 

She's stubborn and sensitive, sweet and sassy, and over the top spicy.  

At three Eliza's favorite things are her brother, her doggies, mermaids, stories, and princesses.   She loves to play tea party, help in the kitchen and go swimming.    Sometimes she says she's "Eliza BaBaron"- other times she's a "puppy doggy" or a "mermaid with a pi…

11 Days, 2 Parties, 6 Cakes, and 600 Miles...

Phew!  The past two weeks have been pretty hectic and LP and I are just starting to recover! 

We started last weekend with a big bbq bash at our house.  We had about 30 people over (about half were under the age of 3- yikes!) and made a ton of food.  Grillmaster Paul smoked 3 racks of ribs, made pulled pork (which he started smoking at 7 a.m.!), grilled chicken wings, and made all of the various rubs and sauces to go with each.  DELICIOUS. 

Unfortunately, I only got one photo of the whole thing:



A few days later it was Paul's birthday so his parents came over to celebrate over a big meal of Paul's favorite pasta dish.  It's a dish he ate while we were on our honeymoon- the restaurant chef was nice enough to send me the recipe so I could recreate the meal for our first anniversary and it has since become the go-to dish for Paul's birthday every year.  Yummy smoked gouda, pancetta, and artichokes tossed with pasta- delicious!



He blew out 9 candles on his cake (I didn't…