Mar 3, 2014

Some Sewing- Heidi and Finn Patterns…

Recently I was asked to test a couple of patterns for Heidi and Finn- the Tulip Tunic and Dress and the Pintuck Blouse and Dress

First up was the Tulip Tunic and Dress which is for knit fabrics.  This is the 18 month size.  I made the tunic in a green with sparkly dots with dark grey at the neckline and as an appliqued heart.   I've used this material several times and still have some left- in fact I tested the Heidi and Finn Slouchy Cardigan with that fabric- Eliza was so tiny then!!  The tunic is adorable!   In the photo below the sleeves are folded to the inside as they ended up a bit long- I think Eliza must have short arms as I always have to shorten the sleeves to the next smaller size.

_DSC1860.jpg

Next I made the dress version in the 18 month size.   I used a polka dot knit (also seen previously) for the sleeves and top portion, a slub knit from an old t-shirt for the dress part and the same dark grey ribbed knit for the neckline and cuffs.   On this version I shortened the arm length to the 12 month size and it’s perfect.  I left the dress unhemmed since knits just roll up nicely on their own for a casual look. 

_DSC1954.jpg

The Pintuck Blouse and Dress was next.  This pattern is for knits or wovens and closes with a simple tie at the back of the neck.  I started with the dress in a gingham fabric in the 18 month size.  The sleeves are too long and I still need to shorten them but Eliza put up such a fuss about wearing this dress even for a few minutes that I haven’t bothered yet. 

_DSC2324.jpg

_DSC2322.jpg

When I made the shirt version in the 18 month size I shortened the sleeves to the 12 month length which was just right.  For the shirt I used a patterned calico (thanks Aunt Sue!) along with a super cute white with red polkadot binding around the neckline.   In an attempt to get Eliza to wear the shirt willingly I used my Silhouette to add an iron-on dachshund with a little polkadot collar.  It sort of worked- she loved the shirt when I showed it to her but put up a fuss about wearing it the first time we tried.   Two days later I tried again and the shirt went on with no problem!

_DSC2252.jpg

_DSC2284.jpg

As always, these patterns went together quickly and easily. Each one took about the time of an average Eliza nap to finish (1.5 hours).  They’re adorable and versatile- each can be made with short sleeves instead of long and can easily be embellished or left plain.  I highly recommend checking out the Heidi and Finn shop- I continue to love every pattern by them that I've sewn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...