Skip to main content

Eliza Rose: Things to Remember, Month 13

First off, let’s all pretend that I wrote this post 3 weeks ago when Eliza hit the 13 month mark, instead of today, just a week away from 14 months.   Life got in the way, as did sheer and utter laziness about sitting down at the computer at night to write an actual post that involves more than just sticking up some photos of our day and hitting “publish.”

Secondly, as usual I just took a look back at Paul’s “Things to Remember, Month 13” and once again I might as well just copy and paste it all here for Eliza.  Seriously, it’s ridiculous how much they’re on the same track developmentally.   In fact, I really should start looking at Paul’s monthly updates ahead of time so that I know what to watch out for with Eliza (see: upcoming section on teeth).

This girl, oh this sweet girl sure has us on our toes!   She’s full of spunk and mischief, sugar and spice, drama and squeals.   She yells and screams and throws things when she’s mad and then is as sweet as pie two seconds later.  We are all wrapped around her teeny tiny pudgy fingers.

At thirteen months Eliza still loves her food.  The only thing she’s not fond of is skin on her apples.   She frequently grabs entire peaches from the fruit bowl and chows down until there’s nothing but the pit left.  She eats as much at meals as her brother does, sometimes more.

_DSC7485

While Paul’s first word was “hi,” Eliza’s was “doggy.”   At thirteen months she also said “Mama, Dada, and Ba (Paul).”

_DSC7488

Like her big brother before her Eliza was taking 5-6 steps at a time and was happiest holding someone’s hand while practicing her walking. 

_DSC7494

She loves to hand things to people and then laughs if you say “thank you” before she takes it back.  She also enjoys taking things out of boxes or buckets and then putting them back in.  Time to start working on “clean up!”

_DSC7516_DSC7514

See all those chompers up above?  Just like Paul all 4 of her first set of molars arrived at once.  Had I read ahead to see what was coming up I would have known exactly why she threw a huge fit out at dinner with Nana and Pappy and wouldn’t eat dinner or breakfast the next day.  Took sticking my finger in her mouth to figure out what was going on (ouch!).  Better planning next time!

_DSC7489_DSC7491

And just like her brother at this age, Eliza is pretty much a mama’s girl.   The tide is turning slightly but when she’s tired or cranky or angry or hurt she heads straight for me. 

_DSC7484

Her expressions just kill me.  Those pudgy cheeks and impish eyes.   As I like to say, “Trouble!  With a Capital ‘T’ which rhymes with ‘E’ which stands for Eliza!” (Name that musical….)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Winter Looks Like...

(Welcome to anyone arriving here from Blue Zebra Photography !) (Oh!  And this is post # 500 on Ye Olde Blogge.  Wow!) I mentioned earlier that I'm participating in two different photography projects this year with other members of the Bloom Forum .   The second project I'm participating in are monthly photos that relate to a certain theme or word. For January, the theme is "Winter." We've had an odd winter so far here in Massachusetts.  Hardly any snow at all and over the weekend it was actually in the 50's which is pretty unusual.  We did have a brief snowstorm last week though and while LP and Eliza were cozied up on the couch together I wandered around and took a few photos of the scene.  I love how cozy it is in our house when it's snowy out and wanted to capture some images that conveyed that... From the Inside, Out: View From the Back Door: From here you can head over to Kelly Janssen's Photography

February: What Shadow Looks Like

  (Welcome if you’re coming from Suzanne O'Brien Studio in Northern California!) This month’s group photography theme was “shadow.”  I’ll admit, I had a bit of a hard time with this one.  We’re in the middle of the February doldrums around these parts, and while the sun does shine from time to time it’s cold and blustery and damp most days.  It was tough to get motivated and creative about this, but that’s the whole point of the challenge! The kids and I were in the living room one afternoon and LP was lining his toys up on the windowsill.  The (frigid) afternoon sun was pouring in and I realized that there was a sort of lightbox effect.   I enlisted LP’s help in photographing some of his favorite toys (and one of Eliza’s) so he was the “stylist” for this little photo shoot.  I think if we ever have a dedicated play room I might frame some of these photos for the walls! Sophie the Giraffe: Army Guys: Captain America (I never noticed how realistic this toy looks until I too

March: What Home Looks Like

(Welcome if you've arrived here from Laurie Schultz's blog !)  Over the years the definition of Home for me has changed.  Growing up it was, of course, the house I lived in with my parents and my brothers.   Even after college when I moved to another state “home” was still back in that house.   Although my apartments were homey and some of my roommates became like family to me, Home was always back in my hometown in the house I grew up in. Even after moving in with Paul, getting married, and buying our own house, a small part of me still felt like home was back in Pennsylvania.  We were creating our own newlywed version of home but I always referred to going to my parents’ house as “going home.”  This has changed since having children though.  Now home is here- where my heart is, figuratively and literally.  It’s wonderful and exhausting and messy and crazy- usually all at once.  And I wouldn't change any of it.  Now, home is where my hubby takes care of thin