I'm a few weeks behind on the monthly "Things to Remember" (we'll hit sixteen months next week!) but time has just been going by way too quickly to keep up! So here's a belated list of "Things to Remember" about Little Paul at fifteen months:
1. LP LOVES to play outside. Now that the weather is improving he's really enjoying exploring our yard. And since we bought a house with such a large yard so that our kids could play in it, NOT because we love raking and mowing so very much, this makes Paul and I pretty happy. LP enjoys picking up pine cones (and helping Daddy throw them into the woods), digging in the dirt, tasting leaves, and chasing Mommy.
2. His hair grows wicked fast (as they say up here in Massachusetts)... We gave him a haircut just a few weeks ago and look how long it got! So we got out the clippers again and went even shorter this time (thanks to Daddy anyway. I would have left it a BIT longer on top but it will grow back! Oh, and if you see LP in person please ignore the back of his head which looks like it was cut with a lawn mower- getting a fifteen month old to stay still is no easy task!)
3. He's a happy, happy boy. Except when he's mad about us telling him "no." Then he walks over to a wall, checks to make sure we're watching, and then bangs his head on the wall and cries. We tend to just ignore him, although sometimes, I'll admit, we might laugh at him just a bit. After all, he's doing it to himself and it really is pretty darn funny!
4. Gabby is his best buddy. He LOVES to play ball with her. (Oh and while a month ago when he said "ba-ba" he only meant "bottle", "ba-ba" these days can mean "bottle", "up", "ball", or "sheep.")
5. Really? Can he get any cuter??? Equally cute is that he's learned to sign "please" by rubbing his hand over his heart. He can also say "Thank you" (if you know what to listen for) so we're practicing saying that at appropriate times.
6. LP wants to do whatever Mommy and Daddy are doing. Here he is doing a crossword puzzle. He also likes to wipe off the table after dinner, put his laundry in the hamper and brush his teeth. I'm hoping we can raise him to be a clean-freak.
7. When I ask him to smile for the camera, this is the type of look I get.
8. Little Paul LOVES to read. We read all of his books over and over again every day. Current favorites are "Moo, Baa, La La La", the baby sign language book, and Sesame Street "At the Zoo." When we get to the page about the giraffe who is so tall because he has such a long neck Little Paul starts giggling and wriggling as he knows I'm about to tickle the back of his neck.
9. Little Paul also LOVES to play with his Little People Farm. He's figured out how to put the farmer in the tractor and he'll carry the sheep around for hours saying "baa, baa."
10. Goldfish crackers = Yum.
11. Gabby likes them too. And Little Paul loves to make her follow him around the house while he's having his snack. He'll go from room to room, cackling away, while Gabby follows him, desperate for one little goldfish to drop on the floor, ready to pounce the second it does.
12. Which sometimes results in this.