Skip to main content

Eliza Rose: Things to Remember, Month 11

I’m late on this post by a few days as we were visiting Nana and Pappy in Pennsylvania last week and just got back a few days ago.   In just over three weeks Eliza will turn one which is completely and utter craziness.   The year went so so so quickly and I can’t believe my baby is almost a toddler.  

At 11 months Eliza’s personality is out in full force.  She’s turning into a bit of a drama queen- yelling if she doesn’t get her way and throwing full out, on the floor, kicking and screaming tantrums.  I’ve heard that girls are more dramatic than boys and Eliza is definitely proving the theory right- while LP has definitely thrown (and still throws) his share of tantrums, never once has he thrown himself to the floor screaming the way Eliza does.  I have to say it’s pretty humorous, at least at this point!

_DSC5503

Eliza is pulling herself up on EVERYTHING and wants more than anything to walk.  She cruises on the furniture and would do laps up and down the hallway holding our hands all day if our backs could take it.  We ended up buying her a baby walker and she adores being able to be a little more independent.   She spent close to an hour running around the driveway yesterday, chasing after LP on his bike. 

_DSC5589

_DSC5558

Eliza makes the funniest faces.   She almost always has her tongue sticking out, sometimes curled under, sometimes twisted to the side, sometimes blowing raspberries…  She’s very expressive and very silly.

_DSC5576

_DSC5477

Like her big brother, Eliza Rose talks all the time.   Between the two of them it’s non-stop noise around here.   While LP was more of a “ba ba ba ma ma ma” kind of babbler though, Eliza rolls her “r’s” and makes a yodeling kind of noise.  “Deegal deegal deegal!!” she says, adding exclamations and pauses for emphasis.   She seems to really be mimicking the way we speak but just in another language.  Her only real word so far is “No!” which is probably because she hears it from LP and I all day long:  “No no Eliza!  The dog water isn’t for you!”  She also has sounds for the dogs and for LP that she makes pretty consistently.

_DSC5311

Eliza continues to be a good sleeper (knocking on all the wood).  She sleeps from 7 pm to 7 am without getting up, takes a short morning nap and a longer afternoon nap.   And she’s also good about missing naps if needed- if we’re out and about she might take a catnap in the car which usually does the trick.

_DSC4736

Eliza has 8 teeth with at least 2 more coming any time now.  We weighed her at Nana’s house and she weighed in at 19 pounds, so she’s the same size as LP was at her age but she feels a bit sturdier.  In fact, while at Nana and Pappy’s house my niece came to visit too- she’s 7 weeks older than Eliza and while they seemed to be about the same height pretty much everyone thought Eliza was heavier.  We weighed them and they were exactly the same!  Eliza seems to carry the weight a little differently or something.

_DSC4732

_DSC4720

_DSC4721

Eliza's favorite activities right now are: playing with her brother's toys, pulling herself up, and playing chase with LP- he runs around the house (a circle through the living room, hallway, kitchen and dining room) and she crawls after at breakneck speeds, trying to catch up, both of them yelling and giggling.   A few times my mother has called while they're playing and we haven't been able to chat over the screaming.  

_DSC4676

_DSC4897

Eliza loves playing with Daddy too- and particularly enjoyed going to the beach where Daddy dipped her over and over again into the water while she chuckled and screamed.  

_DSC4804

So that's the 11 month update- a little late, but better than not at all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Winter Looks Like...

(Welcome to anyone arriving here from Blue Zebra Photography !) (Oh!  And this is post # 500 on Ye Olde Blogge.  Wow!) I mentioned earlier that I'm participating in two different photography projects this year with other members of the Bloom Forum .   The second project I'm participating in are monthly photos that relate to a certain theme or word. For January, the theme is "Winter." We've had an odd winter so far here in Massachusetts.  Hardly any snow at all and over the weekend it was actually in the 50's which is pretty unusual.  We did have a brief snowstorm last week though and while LP and Eliza were cozied up on the couch together I wandered around and took a few photos of the scene.  I love how cozy it is in our house when it's snowy out and wanted to capture some images that conveyed that... From the Inside, Out: View From the Back Door: From here you can head over to Kelly Janssen's Photography

February: What Shadow Looks Like

  (Welcome if you’re coming from Suzanne O'Brien Studio in Northern California!) This month’s group photography theme was “shadow.”  I’ll admit, I had a bit of a hard time with this one.  We’re in the middle of the February doldrums around these parts, and while the sun does shine from time to time it’s cold and blustery and damp most days.  It was tough to get motivated and creative about this, but that’s the whole point of the challenge! The kids and I were in the living room one afternoon and LP was lining his toys up on the windowsill.  The (frigid) afternoon sun was pouring in and I realized that there was a sort of lightbox effect.   I enlisted LP’s help in photographing some of his favorite toys (and one of Eliza’s) so he was the “stylist” for this little photo shoot.  I think if we ever have a dedicated play room I might frame some of these photos for the walls! Sophie the Giraffe: Army Guys: Captain America (I never noticed how realistic this toy looks until I too

March: What Home Looks Like

(Welcome if you've arrived here from Laurie Schultz's blog !)  Over the years the definition of Home for me has changed.  Growing up it was, of course, the house I lived in with my parents and my brothers.   Even after college when I moved to another state “home” was still back in that house.   Although my apartments were homey and some of my roommates became like family to me, Home was always back in my hometown in the house I grew up in. Even after moving in with Paul, getting married, and buying our own house, a small part of me still felt like home was back in Pennsylvania.  We were creating our own newlywed version of home but I always referred to going to my parents’ house as “going home.”  This has changed since having children though.  Now home is here- where my heart is, figuratively and literally.  It’s wonderful and exhausting and messy and crazy- usually all at once.  And I wouldn't change any of it.  Now, home is where my hubby takes care of thin