Skip to main content

Drooly Mc Drooler…

Eliza is cutting some more teeth, apparently.  She got two in a matter of days a few weeks ago and is chewing and drooling like crazy so we’re pretty sure more are coming.  LP had a full set of teeth by the time he was 1 so we’re not surprised that Eliza is getting so many teeth so quickly…

With the drooling though, she’s a soggy mess.   You can’t hold her without getting soaked and we go through about 5 shirts a day.  So I decided to make her some cute drool bibs using a couple of free patterns and tutorials I found online.

The first one I made is called the “Bapron.”  I found the pattern and tutorial on “Craftiness is not Optional.”  It’s sooooo stinkin’ cute!   I used flannel for the top and backed it with some PUL I had on hand from my cloth diaper making escapades… (PUL is waterproof fabric).   I trimmed it out in some bias tape I had on hand (it ties behind the neck) and it took me about half an hour start to finish…

Here’s Eliza modeling her Bapron:

_DSC1001

_DSC1000

_DSC0997

The second pattern I used was for more of a bandana style bib.  I found it on the blog “Non Dairy Diary.”  I used flannel again and backed it with terry cloth.  I think this one was even faster to make- mostly since I have a snap press and could add my snap that way instead of having to sew it on.

_DSC0991_DSC0986

I used some of that same adorable pink floral flannel to make a second Bapron.  I see many more of both of these patterns in my future- and think I’ll make up a couple of Baprons in a laminated fabric to wear at mealtime!  I love quick and easy projects that turn out so cute!

Comments

  1. gorgeous bebe, and loove the fabrics you used on your bapron and bandana bib! I made a few of those types myself just today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checking in....

Thought it was time for a little update on the projects we're working on at Casa LeBaron.   In living room news, our fireplace is almost finished!  The new tile has been grouted (no pictures yet) and all we have left to do is seal the grout and install the new fireplace doors.  Then I have to figure out how I want to style the mantel- I usually just throw a bunch of frames and things up there but am not sure if that's the way I want to go right now...  Here's how it's looking (or, here's how it was looking before we grouted the tile): Below is a close up of how we fixed our cabinet doors.  Originally they were oak with horrible brass hardware.  The panels on each door front was cracked and they were U-G-L-Y.  So we popped out the panels, painted the frames, and used my handy dandy glue gun to inset new panels.  The new panels were made from one sheet of radiator screening that we cut to size and sprayed with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  We added new handles and…

Motherhood…

I’m finding myself a bit scattered about what I want to say on Mother’s Day this year.  While I love the idea of a day that’s meant for celebrating mothers who are so rarely thanked for all they do, I find it to be a rather bittersweet holiday.  Much like Valentine’s Day can be hard for people who long to be in a relationship with someone, Mother’s Day can be very hard for those who want so badly to be mothers.  And while I’ve been fortunate enough to be the recipient of Mother's Day cards, flowers, hugs and kisses for five years now, my heart still aches for everyone hoping and praying to celebrate it themselves one day- those waiting to receive smudgy cards with little handprints and cheesy poems, to be served breakfast in bed by excited little ones, to be handed a beautiful yellow flower (aka dandelion) because it’s a special day for Mama.  And so I think that Mother’s Day should be a day to celebrate all sorts of “mothers.”  Mothers of young children, mothers of grown children…

Things to Remember: Eliza Rose, Age 3

Today our sweet little Eliza Rose turns three.  Like all moms, I'm sure, it's hard for me to believe that she's already out of toddler-hood and becoming a preschooler.  It seems as though we were just preparing for her to join our family yesterday and now, of course, it's impossible to imagine what life would be like without Eliza around.


Eliza might be the smallest person in our house but she has the largest personality by far.  Shy in public, she's boisterous and energetic at home- running all over, squealing with excitement, bossing everyone around and trying to take charge at all times. 

She's stubborn and sensitive, sweet and sassy, and over the top spicy.  

At three Eliza's favorite things are her brother, her doggies, mermaids, stories, and princesses.   She loves to play tea party, help in the kitchen and go swimming.    Sometimes she says she's "Eliza BaBaron"- other times she's a "puppy doggy" or a "mermaid with a pi…