Skip to main content


So my big fancy camera has had a bit of a haitus lately.  The weather has been dreary so it's not bright enough inside for great photos and we're so busy with life in general that it's all I can do to grab my phone and snap a few quick photos sometimes...  When I'm not nursing Eliza I'm most likely making a peanut butter sandwich for LP, doing laundry, or maybe snagging a quick shower.  

I don't know if I mentioned before that although we'd planned to keep LP in day care 2 days a week throughout my maternity leave (I go back to work for one month between Thanksiving and Christmas and then will be laid off), we ended up pulling him out so he's home with me 5 days a week.  It's been a big adjustment for both of us- I was expecting to have some time with just Eliza and he's used to being with kids his age more but we're doing pretty well.  We've had some great playdates, yoga classes at the library, and some other little adventures.  I find that as long as I get us out of the house at least 2 or 3 days a week we seem to do ok.  

Eliza is still great- she had her one month check up and was up to 9 lbs. and 22 inches long- so she gained about 2.5 pounds and grew an inch.  She's in the 25th and 50th percentiles for weight and height, which is much higher than LP has ever been- he's routinely in the 5th and 10th.  Funnily enough she's actually just about the same size that LP was at this age but is in higher percentiles (I guess because she's a girl?) and seems bigger to me.    She's gotten into a bit of a schedule which helps and sleeps (most nights) from about 11 pm to 5 am which is awesome.  The not so awesome part?  Well in order to hibernate from 11-5 she nurses non-stop from 8 pm on.  I literally set up a little table in front of the couch with water, snacks, my ipad, the t.v. remote, etc. and park myself there with the Boppy for 3 hours while she eats and eats and eats.  It feels a bit like nursing a blood-sucking vampire at times- totally draining and exhausting.  Worth it though to get a good 5 hours straight.

The other day I decided to document our day in Instagram photos on my phone so I thought I'd share it here so that y'all can see just how truly exciting our days are around here.  Try not to fall asleep while reading this.  It's pretty thrilling.


I'm up with Eliza at 4 a.m.  Paul leaves for work at 4:30 and I doze in bed until 6:30 when LP comes into the room.  We head downstairs.

LP has a pancake for breakfast:


Eliza naps after her breakfast (mommy milk):


I wait for a chance to grab some coffee:


And then, while both chidren are momentarily distracted (Eliza napping, LP watching a little t.v.), I check in with the outside world (i.e. Facebook):


And get started on the laundry:


And feed the dogs:


And get a moment of fresh air:


Then it's time for some play.  Pirates today:


Before I finally get out of my jammies and into some regular clothes:


Then Eliza eats again:


And we take some goofy group shots:



And then hop in the car to run some errands:


Both kids behave well enough for me to do a little shopping:


And LP is rewarded with ice cream for lunch for telling me that bright green skinny jeans are NOT the right choice (apparently though, the bright green boot cut jeans ARE right - so we came home with those):


Drive home, another meal for Eliza, and then it's outside for some swing time with LP while baby naps:




And then I'm back inside for another dose of mommy milk for Eliza:


A few minutes are spent emptying the dishwasher:


While the dogs look on:


And LP keeps playing outside:


Eliza eats, again.  Then she dozes off into a breastmilk induced food coma:


While I get dinner started (Cajun pasta!):


More dishes are done after dinner; baby bottles and breastpump pieces this time:


Then it's time for LP to wind down with a show before bed (part of a Disney movie called "Oceans,"- he's obsessed with sea creatures):



Finally Paul and I (and baby sister) have some time together before he heads to bed around 9 and I chain nurse the baby for 3 hours.


Lather, rinse, repeat.


Popular posts from this blog

I Heart Faces- Let's Hear it for the Boys

This week at I ♥ Faces  the theme is "Let's Hear it for the Boys."  I had a hard time choosing just one photo but finally chose this photo of two of the "boys" in my life- one being my son, LP, the other being Woody the Toy Story doll. 

LP carries Woody with him all over the place.  One day I found them curled up on the couch, deep in conversation about rockets and Buzz Lightyear and aliens...  I love this picture as it always reminds me of how imaginative LP is- he's forever making up adventures to have with Woody...

Be sure to go toI ♥ Faces to check out the other entries!

Things to Remember: Eliza Rose, Age 3

Today our sweet little Eliza Rose turns three.  Like all moms, I'm sure, it's hard for me to believe that she's already out of toddler-hood and becoming a preschooler.  It seems as though we were just preparing for her to join our family yesterday and now, of course, it's impossible to imagine what life would be like without Eliza around.

Eliza might be the smallest person in our house but she has the largest personality by far.  Shy in public, she's boisterous and energetic at home- running all over, squealing with excitement, bossing everyone around and trying to take charge at all times. 

She's stubborn and sensitive, sweet and sassy, and over the top spicy.  

At three Eliza's favorite things are her brother, her doggies, mermaids, stories, and princesses.   She loves to play tea party, help in the kitchen and go swimming.    Sometimes she says she's "Eliza BaBaron"- other times she's a "puppy doggy" or a "mermaid with a pi…

Checking in....

Thought it was time for a little update on the projects we're working on at Casa LeBaron.   In living room news, our fireplace is almost finished!  The new tile has been grouted (no pictures yet) and all we have left to do is seal the grout and install the new fireplace doors.  Then I have to figure out how I want to style the mantel- I usually just throw a bunch of frames and things up there but am not sure if that's the way I want to go right now...  Here's how it's looking (or, here's how it was looking before we grouted the tile): Below is a close up of how we fixed our cabinet doors.  Originally they were oak with horrible brass hardware.  The panels on each door front was cracked and they were U-G-L-Y.  So we popped out the panels, painted the frames, and used my handy dandy glue gun to inset new panels.  The new panels were made from one sheet of radiator screening that we cut to size and sprayed with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  We added new handles and…