Skip to main content

Blurb

Recently I received in the mail a copy of a book I made using blurbBlurb is a printing service that you can use to create your own photo books or print books.  One of the best features though, in my opinion, is that you can use it to "slurp" your blog into a book.  Since I've been pretty slack about filling out LP's official baby book, but pretty good at updating my blog, I decided to print all of the entries about my pregnancy and LP's first year in book form. 

I chose a hardback, standard portrait sized (8x10) book with a dust jacket.  You download a simple program to your computer and then just follow the prompts to "slurp" your blog.  You can then go through and edit anything you'd like- I took out a bunch of posts about American Idol, photos I didn't love, etc.  You can create your own cover and really make it look exactly how you want. 

Here's the front cover- I used a piece of artwork I'd created for LP's first birthday as the cover:

2011-01-14 17-54-13_0049wm

And here's the spine: 

2011-01-14 17-55-24_0052wm

The title page:

2011-01-14 17-55-51_0053wm

And some of the interior pages.  They have many different page layouts to choose from, with small photos, large photos, no photos, etc.  I changed the layout throughout depending on what photos I was using.

2011-01-14 17-56-24_0054wm

For blog entries where I shared some digital scrapbook pages I used larger photos:

2011-01-14 17-56-55_0057wm

2011-01-14 17-58-02_0060wm

This is the back flap of the cover.  The front flap is similar but has a photo of me when I was pregnant. 

2011-01-14 17-58-28_0061wm

And the back cover (a digital scrapbook page I made with photos of LP's first year):

2011-01-14 17-55-01_0050wm

All in all, I really love the way this turned out.  Blurb is more expensive than Snapfish or Shutterfly, and they don't seem to have sales or discounts very frequently (unlike both Snapfish and Shutterfly who are almost always having some sort of promotion) but I think the quality is a bit better.  I still love Snapfish and Shutterfly and will continue to use them for photo albums but they don't have the capability of using text from your blog the way that blurb does.  It was literally as easy as just typing in the url for my blog- the program did the rest.  Blurb also has quite a few choices of book size (including an option for just black and white text if you only wanted the text from your blog or wanted to publish something else) and you can choose soft cover, hardcover with a dust jacket, or a hardcover with an image wrap. 

So, LP might not have a fully filled out baby book.  But he WILL have this copy of my blog entries detailing my pregnancy with him and his first year in this world to look at when he's older- which might even be better than a scribbled in baby book with lists of his first words...




Comments

  1. WOW! That books looks great! Your digital scrapbook pages look very cool too. Where do you suggest I nose around to learn more about how to do that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checking in....

Thought it was time for a little update on the projects we're working on at Casa LeBaron.   In living room news, our fireplace is almost finished!  The new tile has been grouted (no pictures yet) and all we have left to do is seal the grout and install the new fireplace doors.  Then I have to figure out how I want to style the mantel- I usually just throw a bunch of frames and things up there but am not sure if that's the way I want to go right now...  Here's how it's looking (or, here's how it was looking before we grouted the tile): Below is a close up of how we fixed our cabinet doors.  Originally they were oak with horrible brass hardware.  The panels on each door front was cracked and they were U-G-L-Y.  So we popped out the panels, painted the frames, and used my handy dandy glue gun to inset new panels.  The new panels were made from one sheet of radiator screening that we cut to size and sprayed with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  We added new handles and…

11 Days, 2 Parties, 6 Cakes, and 600 Miles...

Phew!  The past two weeks have been pretty hectic and LP and I are just starting to recover! 

We started last weekend with a big bbq bash at our house.  We had about 30 people over (about half were under the age of 3- yikes!) and made a ton of food.  Grillmaster Paul smoked 3 racks of ribs, made pulled pork (which he started smoking at 7 a.m.!), grilled chicken wings, and made all of the various rubs and sauces to go with each.  DELICIOUS. 

Unfortunately, I only got one photo of the whole thing:



A few days later it was Paul's birthday so his parents came over to celebrate over a big meal of Paul's favorite pasta dish.  It's a dish he ate while we were on our honeymoon- the restaurant chef was nice enough to send me the recipe so I could recreate the meal for our first anniversary and it has since become the go-to dish for Paul's birthday every year.  Yummy smoked gouda, pancetta, and artichokes tossed with pasta- delicious!



He blew out 9 candles on his cake (I didn't…

Things to Remember: Eliza Rose, Age 3

Today our sweet little Eliza Rose turns three.  Like all moms, I'm sure, it's hard for me to believe that she's already out of toddler-hood and becoming a preschooler.  It seems as though we were just preparing for her to join our family yesterday and now, of course, it's impossible to imagine what life would be like without Eliza around.


Eliza might be the smallest person in our house but she has the largest personality by far.  Shy in public, she's boisterous and energetic at home- running all over, squealing with excitement, bossing everyone around and trying to take charge at all times. 

She's stubborn and sensitive, sweet and sassy, and over the top spicy.  

At three Eliza's favorite things are her brother, her doggies, mermaids, stories, and princesses.   She loves to play tea party, help in the kitchen and go swimming.    Sometimes she says she's "Eliza BaBaron"- other times she's a "puppy doggy" or a "mermaid with a pi…