Skip to main content

For Today....

I am "working from home" as my boss is in Bosnia (!!) on vacation this week.  I have a longer post planned for later today but saw this "meme" type post on a few other blogs I read (Chez Larsson and Ali Edwards who came across The Simple Woman's Daybook through Apple Likes Orange)  and thought it would be a good way to inspire me to get writing and be creative today....  Am going to try to remember to revisit this post every once in a while....

For today, June 25, 2009...

Outside my window... Grey skies and grass that desperately needs a haircut... but with rain 22 out of June's 25 days it's hard to get to it...

I am thinking...
about all of the busy weeks ahead of us for the next two months...

I am thankful for...
my family (and my Keurig coffee pot)

From the kitchen...  leftover homemade pepperoni and anchovie pizza for lunch

I am wearing...  yoga pants and a t-shirt in hopes it will inspire me to pop in an excercise video

I am creating... lists in my head of all the things I hope to get done today while LP is at day care and I'm "working" from home...

I am going... to walk away from Facebook and spend some time reacquainting myself with my sewing machine...

I am reading... Baby sign language books

I am hoping... for some sunshine

I am hearing... a snoring dachshund in an otherwise quiet house...

Around the house... evidence in every room that a baby rules the roost...

One of my favorite things...  my Marshmallow Fluff coffee cup.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  work on some special baby shower gifts, hemming some pants for myself, and three birthday parties to attend this weekend...

Here is picture I am sharing... taken by a friend at a birthday party we went to a few weeks ago- a photo of all three of us!

IMG_1155 by you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Checking in....

Thought it was time for a little update on the projects we're working on at Casa LeBaron.   In living room news, our fireplace is almost finished!  The new tile has been grouted (no pictures yet) and all we have left to do is seal the grout and install the new fireplace doors.  Then I have to figure out how I want to style the mantel- I usually just throw a bunch of frames and things up there but am not sure if that's the way I want to go right now...  Here's how it's looking (or, here's how it was looking before we grouted the tile): Below is a close up of how we fixed our cabinet doors.  Originally they were oak with horrible brass hardware.  The panels on each door front was cracked and they were U-G-L-Y.  So we popped out the panels, painted the frames, and used my handy dandy glue gun to inset new panels.  The new panels were made from one sheet of radiator screening that we cut to size and sprayed with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.  We added new handles and…

11 Days, 2 Parties, 6 Cakes, and 600 Miles...

Phew!  The past two weeks have been pretty hectic and LP and I are just starting to recover! 

We started last weekend with a big bbq bash at our house.  We had about 30 people over (about half were under the age of 3- yikes!) and made a ton of food.  Grillmaster Paul smoked 3 racks of ribs, made pulled pork (which he started smoking at 7 a.m.!), grilled chicken wings, and made all of the various rubs and sauces to go with each.  DELICIOUS. 

Unfortunately, I only got one photo of the whole thing:



A few days later it was Paul's birthday so his parents came over to celebrate over a big meal of Paul's favorite pasta dish.  It's a dish he ate while we were on our honeymoon- the restaurant chef was nice enough to send me the recipe so I could recreate the meal for our first anniversary and it has since become the go-to dish for Paul's birthday every year.  Yummy smoked gouda, pancetta, and artichokes tossed with pasta- delicious!



He blew out 9 candles on his cake (I didn't…

Things to Remember: Eliza Rose, Age 3

Today our sweet little Eliza Rose turns three.  Like all moms, I'm sure, it's hard for me to believe that she's already out of toddler-hood and becoming a preschooler.  It seems as though we were just preparing for her to join our family yesterday and now, of course, it's impossible to imagine what life would be like without Eliza around.


Eliza might be the smallest person in our house but she has the largest personality by far.  Shy in public, she's boisterous and energetic at home- running all over, squealing with excitement, bossing everyone around and trying to take charge at all times. 

She's stubborn and sensitive, sweet and sassy, and over the top spicy.  

At three Eliza's favorite things are her brother, her doggies, mermaids, stories, and princesses.   She loves to play tea party, help in the kitchen and go swimming.    Sometimes she says she's "Eliza BaBaron"- other times she's a "puppy doggy" or a "mermaid with a pi…