- The definitions of many words, like effacement and dilation.
- That there's a fundus among us.
- That our instructor likes to be very dramatic in her description of labor (there was lots of heavy breathing, funny faces and squatting coming from the front of the room).
- That my husband winces quite visibly every time the word circumcision is used.
- That we all deserve a nice new pair of pajamas and slippers to wear at the hospital after we give birth.
- That finding parking at the hospital is pretty much impossible which is why they offer valet service (which we will be taking advantage of on labor day as I refuse to circle the parking lot for an hour OR be dropped off alone at the hospital door as my husband suggested).
The only thing I didn't like was the end of the class. After dimming the lights and doing some relaxed breathing techniques (I'm totally into that, except that I have a pretty nasty head cold right now and can't really breathe normally) she asked the moms-to-be to stand behind their partners. She then made us give our husband/boyfriend/other a neck massage as a thank you for supporting us and coming to class!
Ok. Now while I definitely appreciate that Paul came with me to the class I don't really see it as being an optional thing for him- after all, it takes two to tango! And has he ever thanked ME for donating my body to this whole experience??? Also, whenever my back is sore and I say something to him about it he just says "oh that's too bad..." I've gone as far as asking the DOGS to give me a back massage and Paul just sits like a lump on the couch and pretends that he doesn't hear me... So throughout this pregnancy I've had no massages or back rubs, and now I have to give HIM one?????
Let's just say that he got a pretty half-assed neck massage out of me last night and quite a talking to once we got in the car! This weekend as payback he's taking me to an antique show and there'd better be a nice backrub in the works as well!