Skip to main content

Round 2

Last night we celebrated LP's third birthday for the second time.  Around here, we like to drag out events and holidays (I think we're having at least 4 Christmases!).  There were more presents, more smiles, and of course, more cake!

 

The night started off well with a cool Thomas puzzle from LP's day care provider Laurie- so nice!

2011-11-17 18-23-04_0001wm

2011-11-17 18-24-37_0003wm

Uncle Nelson and Aunt San sent "Yego Pirates!" which is LP for "Lego Pirates!" (Mommy had fun putting those together today- might have to add some Lego sets to my Christmas list- seriously relaxing stuff!)

2011-11-17 21-09-37_0006wm

GG and Aunt Cindi sent tons of things - clothing, an ABC game, some books - all great choices!

2011-11-17 21-10-39_0007wm

2011-11-17 21-18-27_0017wm

From Nana and Pappy came a Playmobil Advent Calendar and a Playmobil Nativity Scence.  The Baby Jesus had quite a wild ride on a pirate ship this morning!

2011-11-17 21-22-13_0021wm

Uncle Spencer and Aunt Frances sent a very cool wooden train that they picked up in the Czech Republic...

2011-11-17 21-26-28_0025wm

And Uncle J and Aunt Shelly sent both Mr. AND Mrs. Potato Head!

2011-11-17 21-35-27_0031wm

Grammy and Papa gave LP the Toy Story Garbage Truck (along with some other lovely presents)

2011-11-17 21-37-56_0032wm

And Mommy and Daddy surprised him with the Slinky Dog he's been asking for...

2011-11-17 21-42-41_0040wm

2011-11-17 21-46-52_0042wm

After presents there was cake (not made by Mommy this time- couldn't do 2 cakes in one week!)

2011-11-17 22-31-28_0043wm

Some fingers in the icing....

2011-11-17 22-32-54_0050wm

And a very blue, very happy little guy!

2011-11-17 22-38-18_0053wm

Thanks so much to everyone who sent such nice things for our little man!  We sure think he's special and it means a lot to us to know that so many other people think he's special too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Winter Looks Like...

(Welcome to anyone arriving here from Blue Zebra Photography !) (Oh!  And this is post # 500 on Ye Olde Blogge.  Wow!) I mentioned earlier that I'm participating in two different photography projects this year with other members of the Bloom Forum .   The second project I'm participating in are monthly photos that relate to a certain theme or word. For January, the theme is "Winter." We've had an odd winter so far here in Massachusetts.  Hardly any snow at all and over the weekend it was actually in the 50's which is pretty unusual.  We did have a brief snowstorm last week though and while LP and Eliza were cozied up on the couch together I wandered around and took a few photos of the scene.  I love how cozy it is in our house when it's snowy out and wanted to capture some images that conveyed that... From the Inside, Out: View From the Back Door: From here you can head over to Kelly Janssen's Photography...

February: What Shadow Looks Like

  (Welcome if you’re coming from Suzanne O'Brien Studio in Northern California!) This month’s group photography theme was “shadow.”  I’ll admit, I had a bit of a hard time with this one.  We’re in the middle of the February doldrums around these parts, and while the sun does shine from time to time it’s cold and blustery and damp most days.  It was tough to get motivated and creative about this, but that’s the whole point of the challenge! The kids and I were in the living room one afternoon and LP was lining his toys up on the windowsill.  The (frigid) afternoon sun was pouring in and I realized that there was a sort of lightbox effect.   I enlisted LP’s help in photographing some of his favorite toys (and one of Eliza’s) so he was the “stylist” for this little photo shoot.  I think if we ever have a dedicated play room I might frame some of these photos for the walls! Sophie the Giraffe: Army Guys: Captain America (I never noticed how r...

E+M Patterns, Boy’s No. 7 Shirt Review and GIVEAWAY!

ETA- Congrats to comment # 6, Laura who wins her choice of pattern from E+M Patterns!  I'll be in touch! Recently I was chosen to test out a boy’s shirt pattern by a new to me designer, E+M Patterns .  Well folks, I have to say that this pattern is fantastic!  The Boy’s No. 7 Shirt is designed for woven fabrics.  It has fabulous details like a boat neck style neckline, button closures at the shoulder seams, side seam hip vents at the hem, a simple pocket to hold treasures and the option of full-length sleeves or 3/4-length sleeves.  I was asked to test the shirt in a size 6 with long sleeves for LP which ended up being a perfect fit for my tall and skinny guy. For fabric I finally broke into my hoarded stash of Sarah Jane Designs fabrics and pulled out a fat quarter of the “A Pirates Life” from her Out to Sea line.  Sarah Jane is my all time favorite children’s illustrator and I adore all of her fabrics… This seemed like the perfect shirt to really sh...